Wednesday, May 12, 2021

[Secret #3] Introducing...the Magic Ingredient! ✨✨

Hi there reader --

Welcome back. This is the third installment of the series 5 Secrets for Baking Impossibly Soft Cookies!

What did you think of yesterday's extra egg yolk tip? Did you have a chance to try my Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe? Isn't it fabulous??

Well, it just keeps getting better and better, because today I have another great tip for you.

SECRET #3 - The Magic Ingredient

Years ago, I came across a cookie recipe that had no flour - only cornstarch.

It promised a "melt-in-your-mouth" texture, and the minute I saw it, a light bulb went on.

It makes so much sense! When you think about it, cornstarch is a starch. Just like flour! So it offers the same kind of structure and body to your cookies.

But there is no gluten!

If you know anything about gluten, then you understand that it is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. It's great if you're talking about bread. With things like soft pretzels or dinner rolls, that chewy, stretchy mouthfeel is really appealing!

But not so much with cookies. With cookies, we want soft, tender, and melt-in-your mouth.

So ever since that light bulb went on for me...

With every soft cookie recipe I've developed, I've added a little less flour, and subbed a little cornstarch in its place.

It works like a charm! The cookies really do melt in your mouth. They're so tender and soft, and they stay that way for days!

Now, Put This Tip in Action

Cornstarch is the magic ingredient in my favorite Soft Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe. These cookies bake up pillowy-soft and so tender!


If you like cinnamon, you've got to give them a try!

READ: My Soft Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe


Enjoy!
Allie

PS - Look out for secret #4 in your inbox tomorrow! This one will really make a huge difference in your baking.



Loving these emails? To get an email whenever I post a new recipe or article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment