| Hi there, and thank you so much for signing up for this I Eat Keto newsletter. I'm really excited to have you here! If you haven't downloaded it already, here's the link again for the free meal planner (more on that later!) And if you haven't followed me on pinterest yet for the latest recipes and articles, click the pinterest logo at the bottom of the page! About Me Let me introduce myself. My name is Lorcan and I started I Eat Keto to share my experience of shifting to the keto way of eating, and the tips and recipes I've picked up along the way. Just as importantly I wanted to get to know others trying this alternative approach to dieting and eating and hear their stories too. I first heard about the keto diet 6-7 years ago and tried it out briefly. At the time I wasn't trying to lose weight, but instead trying to get the cognitive benefits and focus that come with keto, as I was studying at university. It worked a charm but I soon lapsed and went back to my old bad habits when I got out in the working world. Milky lattes and pastries for breakfast, buying takeaway lunches at work and that vending machine right by my desk all took their toll. A couple of years ago I realised enough was enough, and that I needed to lose 40+ pounds to roll back the past few years of poor food choices. That was when I re-discovered the keto diet, and I haven't looked back since! I've managed to reset my relationship with food, and build a level of control over my eating and appetite that makes maintaining or losing my weight so much easier and less stressful that it had been in the past. Resetting Your Relationship With Food I think getting control over your relationship food is the single most important aspect of any diet, and this is where I want to help you. Many of us, myself included, buy on impulse, it's why advertising works so well! But eating on impulse is a sure fire way to fall off the wagon on any diet. The key to success is to find ways to avoid cravings and triggers that might derail your progress, and that means making a plan and sticking to it. If you haven't read the beginners guide to the keto diet yet, and are new to the diet, then I'd recommend starting there before getting into the meal planning below. When you're ready to get started I'd like you to print out that meal planner if possible, and really plan out your next week on the keto diet. The whole point of this exercise is to reset your relationship with food. Hop onto Pinterest or google for some recipe inspiration, but try to keep things simple at first. I recommend you take a look at this list of 15 minute dinners as a great starting point for easy meals. If you're a person who likes to snack, or gets sudden cravings, then pick up a couple of items from this keto snack list to keep you going too. By planning, and thinking carefully about each day and each meal beforehand (including snacks!) you'll be in much more control of your diet, especially when you hit a low point or are struggling with the keto flu! Next time, I'm going to talk about setting goals and working towards them step by step. Getting to Know You! In the meantime I'd love to hear from you! What was it that brought you here/got you interest in a keto diet? What are your triggers and what are your goals? I'll do my best to reply ASAP and hopefully your feedback can help me give you the best advice and support possible. Thanks so much again for joining! I can't wait to hear from you and help you on your keto journey! Lorcan |
No comments:
Post a Comment