SRH weekly favs // healthy low-proof cocktails & mocktails, The SRH SHOP SUMMER SALE: 30% OFF all meal plans & recipe/baby guides this week & my fav natural beauty product site sale! Something I'm *so* into lately?
Low-proof cocktails— or even just a mocktail on a hot summer day.
It's something I've been following and testing out intuitively. And with two young kids, running a business, and full, fast-paced days, a much much lower alcohol life is feeling so much better these days.
Like, the thought of my energy, mood or capacity being taken down one *tiiiiiiiny* notch, just isn't feeling worth it these days. At least for just normal daily life.
Which is kinda funny to say, because I've never been a big drinker (my body is way too sensitive, and anything after 1 glass I feel the next day), and have always preached about going for the good quality versions (natural, preservative-free wines and low to no sugar homemade cocktails). Which I do, when I decide the occasion feels right. Usually on vacation or a date night, or a girls night dinner out.
But I think as I continue learning about my own body— which is truly a lifelong journey that's always evolving— I've realized that right now, I just feel better without it: I sleep WAY better, I have more energy, and my mental space is so much clearer and happier next day.
BUT-- as with everything, I try to not be all-or-nothing about things (unless I have to be, which is true for a lot of people, so you you gotta do you).
So I've been playing around with more mocktails, and lighter proof cocktails for the nights when I want something fun and fancy feeling, but I don't want to feel bad the next day. And it's a great little happy medium for me. All the fun, but very little downsides :)
So today, I'm sharing all of my (easy) favorites lately, NEW on the blog. Just to expand your options this summer!
<<< Check out my go-to low-proof cocktails and summer mocktails here >>>
And a few more things I'm loving lately below, too…
| | | | | | 2. | Ok, but wait. A new discovery I have to share...
So last week I told you about my newest obsession over this new magnesium liquid pack I found--- but wait! Because this week, I tried mixing the liquid packet in 8 oz of cold water, and I know some of you are gonna think I'm crazy, but it's like *dessert*. Like a cream soda flavor almost? But delightful. But with nothing bad added (and no stevia, or weird sweeteners too), which is so rare these days.
Just wanted to share because it feels like like a great way to reduce sugar cravings after meals or swap out dessert a few times a week (AND help regulate your nervous system, sleep better, have better digestion, have better muscle recovery, reduce anxiety, regulate hormones, etc. Magnesium really is a a miracle for so many things. Grab a box here and try for yourself, I have a feeling your future self will thank you.
| | | | 3. | My fav natural beauty site is having a 20% off summer sale, starting today!
I'm a fan of any brand that prioritizes non-toxic, clean, healthy skincare products. And Credo is where it's at my friends. Get 20% off everything sitewide, today through 7/4.
Here are my tried and true summertime (and, ok--- all the time) favs:
My favorite summer tinted spf serum The best natural mascara ever (I'm stocking up!) The blush multi-stick I use daily (I love ladybird, dreamer and all-of-me colors) My favorite lip stain, My favorite tinted brow gel My favorite lipstick My favorite natural shampoo & conditioner
Skincare wise, you all know my obsession with this body oil post shower or bath (to die for!), and my favorite cooling serum for my face in the morning. Browse all their amazing, vetted products here.
| | | | | | | | | And on the podcast this week, we're digging into where to *actually* start if you want to eat healthier. For so many people, the "getting started" is the most vulnerable, complicated, messy part.
And I want to help simplify it, STEP BY STEP---- because I truly believe healthy eating affects and improves every other piece of our lives.
You can check out the episode here on Apple or Spotify! Don't forget to subscribe so you get new episodes delivered right to your phone! And a huge thank you for taking the time to rate & share a review, it means the world to me!
Hope you're enjoying and soaking in these sweet, summer days, friend.
xo, Sarah
| | | | | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment