Thursday, May 13, 2021

[Secret #4] The One Thing You Should NOT Do

Hi there reader --

Welcome back to 5 Secrets for Baking Impossibly Soft Cookies!

I hope you are enjoying all the tips! It's taken me years of trial and error to discover and perfect these techniques, and I'm so happy to be sharing them with you now!

How did you like the Snickerdoodles? It's one of my favorite classic cookie recipes. I especially love it during the fall season!

Today's secret is a biggie.

It will totally transform your baking, and I'm not just talking about cookies here.

Once you understand this idea, your cakes, cupcakes, and pastries will all benefit.

SECRET #4 - What NOT To Do Once the Flour's Gone In

You probably remember back in the first email how I talked about really beating the butter and sugar together for a loooong time. It's so important to work lots of air in at that stage, to get that mixture nice and fluffy.

But once you've added your dry ingredients, everything changes.

Here's why:

As flour is stirred and mixed and worked in, the natural gluten proteins lengthen and become more elastic. Too much of this, and the dough tightens up. Your cookies will be tough, and they won't spread properly as they bake in the oven.

If you want soft cookies, be really careful not to "over-mix" the dough.

As soon as you no longer see streaks of flour, turn the mixer right off, and start scooping!

Now, Put This Tip in Action

See what a difference this secret makes when you try my Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe.


These cookies are chock-full of hearty oats, sweet raisins, and warm cinnamon, and they're so soft and comforting! Get your glass of milk ready!

READ: My Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe


Enjoy!
Allie

PS - Tomorrow you'll get the fifth and final secret to baking impossibly soft cookies. Keep an eye on your inbox, you don't want to miss it!



Loving these emails? To get an email whenever I post a new recipe or article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment